Monday, December 31, 2012

Getting ready for new foods!

Mae govannen!

The arguably easiest place for me to start living a little more elven is with my food intake.  I'm already vegetarian, with occasional bouts of pescatarianism when I need some more protein, so that makes things fairly easy!  I am, however, terrible with planning out what I want to eat and when, preferring to amble mindlessly through the seasonal produce.  Which is awesome!  Except when I don't use what I buy - a waste of money and the veggies themselves. 

So, this week, I've chosen a few recipes to get myself started.  I adore cooking - it's one of my favorite things to do! Here's what I have decided to make this week from recipes - there will be more made from whatever is left over and stuff in my fridge.

Cinnamon Quinoa - from 101 Cookbooks

Penne with Summer Vegetables - from Food 52 - I just happen to have sweet corn and summer squash in my freezer needing to be used up.

My husband bakes bread constantly, and I've been asking him to start making whole-wheat as well as white bread.  He decided to oblige me, and thus I found this delicious sandwich salad to try:
Chickpea and Avocado Salad - from Two Peas and their Pod

Finally, to use up some of the frozen veggies I've had sitting in my freezer, Here is something a little more savory: Miso Vegetables and Tofu - also from 101 Cookbooks

I will let you know how they go!

There is about four inches or so of snow on the ground right now, and we're expecting a little more tonight.  What a lovely way to ring in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment